Welcome to the GLAA application process check sheet
We are happy you’ve chosen to become part of our school family. To be eligible for enrollment and employment at Great Lakes Adventist Academy please complete the following items in the steps below.
Click here to apply online!
Step 1: Admission’s Office
- Download and fill out application for upcoming school year.
- Click here: Student Application
- Click here: Returning Student Application
- Tip: Make sure you and your parent/guardian sign application. Make sure it is filled out completely, including a correct address. Send it in early!
- Download and distribute three Recommendation Forms. (Returning students skip this step.)
- Click here: Recommendation Form
- Tip: Provide a self-addressed-stamped envelope for the convenience of your references or urge them to fax the form ASAP.
- One should be an Administrator/teacher from the last school you attended.
- Submit application fee of $30.
- Your application will be taken to the Admissions Committee at this point and you will receive a letter of acceptance.
For questions, please contact Mrs. Kassie Norcross, Vice Principal, at (989) 427-2403.
Step 2: Admission’s Office
Please complete and send in the following:
- Medical Release
- Health Appraisal
- Immunization Record. (Send photocopy from family doctor)
IMMUNIZATIONS: Michigan State law requires our school to be in compliance with the current immunizations required for attendance. These requirements are subject to change. Your local health department can give you the answers you seek as well as your family provider. These immunizations must be done BEFORE the first day of school. The form that the State of Michigan requires us to have on campus is the MCIR (Michigan Care Improvement Registry) that can only come from your health provider or local health department. It MUST be signed by your provider or the assigned contact at the health department. If you are not a MI resident, please provide GLAA with a printed list of immunizations BEFORE the first day of school. Please be sure your student is up-t0-date.
WAIVERS: Some families choose to waive immunizations, but they must meet Michigan State law for our school to be compliant. If there is no history of immunizations given and you are a MI resident, you MUST make an appointment at your local health department to get a waiver for immunizations refused. This must be done BEFORE the first day of school. Some families may follow their own schedule and receive some and refuse others. A MCIR form is required for those received and a waiver for those refused. If you are not a MI resident, a waiver is still required BEFORE the first day of school.
- Copy of Health Insurance Card. (Send photocopy of BOTH sides of card)
- Computer Use Agreement
- Campus Leave Authorization
- Consent to Release Academic Records requesting the CA60 Folder (cumulative folder) and transcript from last school attended. For academic questions, please contact Mrs. Hilda Reichert, Registrar, at (989) 427-2402.***Please bring the following with you when you come to GLAA:
2. Social Security Card
3. Birth Certificate
4. Most recent report card
For admissions questions, please contact Mrs. Kassie Norcross Vice Principal, at (989) 427-2403.
Step 3: Business Office
Please complete and send in the following:
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- (Please provide original acceptable documents as listed on reverse side of I-9 form for our review and verification.)
- Michigan W-4 Form
- Federal W-4
- Tithe Agreement
For questions, please contact Mrs. Amy Voss at (989) 427-2406.
Step 4: Business Office
- Registration payment ($1,990 for dorm students, $1,510 for village students). Discounts apply for early payment
- (Click here for Financial Information).
For questions, please contact Mr. Greg Leavitt, Business Manager, at (989) 427-2407.
- Early Registration-by-Appointment. Steps 1 and 4 and all academic records, including a transcript from the last school attended, MUST be in the Registrar’s Office before an appointment can be made. Please call (989) 427-4444 to schedule an appointment.*
- Open Registration on Campus (No appointment needed). Bring all items not submitted from Steps 2-4.*
*Refer to Calendar of Events for specific dates for early and open registration.
NOTE: Please mail paperwork to Director of Admissions, Great Lakes Adventist Academy, P.O. Box 68, Cedar Lake, MI 48812.
To expedite the application process, please fax to (989) 427-5027.
Need assistance? Send us a message below